Tuesday, June 13, 2006

World Cup fever

The game is ON!

I heard people talking about this latest "trend" everywhere, in the office, in the cafe, in the radio, in the TV, in the paper, in the mamak stall, in the internet, in the forwarded mail... basically EVERYWHERE!

I have not been able to catch a full single match eversince the world cup started. The only match that i have managed to watch was between Korea and Togo, and that was also because i was so happen having drinks with my frens in a cafe with Astro Sports Channel on the TV. And that also for only about 30 mins mebbe? I managed to witness the first goal by Togo though..

Onr of the main reason why is because, i dont have Astro in my house, which are showing every single match live. Therefore, i could only count on our local TV station for some shares of football joy. But everytime i switched on the TV for the first match at 9pm, i cant seem to find any station airing them. TV1, TV2, TV3, NTV7, 8TV. NONE!

I thought they have a fix time for every match, like 9pm, 12am and 3am Malaysia time? So when i checked the paper the next day, they were showing delayed match at different different time. Sigh...

No wonder Astro has more than 1 million of subscribers nationwide. Local station memang cannot compete at all. I have already given up on catching any match live unless i hang out @ my fren's house with Astro. -_-

Now, i am relying on the early morning daily updates sent by my mobile network provider for the results and scores of the 3 matches. Never a day missed. ^_^

The other day, i received this forwarded image from my fren. People are getting very creative.


Medical certificate just for the football fans.

Prepare for more sleepless nights. There is still a lot yet to come.

3 comments:

myfivesen said...

Yup.. bring it ON!! =)

Actualli that 'letter' was 'published' in the MalayMail a wk ago, i think..

And there's other ways to watch the game, online. ;)

Jane said...

yea, madness!

laymank said...

Jane, I felt the same too... No Astro.. mo live cast... haiz...

And I just couldn't tolerate delayed cast...

5sen: how to watch it live online? can share?