Sunday, June 25, 2006

No early match

The football frenzy continues as the 2nd round started last Sat. I finally manage to catch my first full world cup match (Argentina vs Mexico) at 3am last morning. I wanted to watch the 11pm match between Germany and Sweden at first, but alas, it was not shown on the local TV station AGAIN! How could they not show such a great match? Sigh...

But the match between Argentina and Mexico was well worth staying up for. The two teams are very familiar with each other and that is why they cancel each other out. They have to fight up to the extra time to determine the rightful winner. Simply marvellous. Argentina won by 2-1 in the end. I think they have not lifted the World Cup for a very very very long time. *counting fingers*

When i told my frens that i stayed up till 5 something in the morning, just for the sake of the football match, they couldnt believe me. They never thought a girl would sacrifice her sleep - disobeying her beauty regime for this crazy football thingy. I never thought i could stay awake that long myself. Havent been doing this for a long time...

Feels tired. And i think im getting crazier too. Guess im living quite an interesting life now.. yeah, for now.

4 comments:

laymank said...

Salute to Jane!

I wanted to, but my eyes closed on me when the clock hit 12:30am.

The whole week was catching up on me. I shoulda taken a nap when I got home that evening...

And darn local tv, they never show any match on Saturday night. Instead, you get to watch the black and white 'nostalgia' malay drama. blek!

myfivesen said...

claps! and salutes! i was up myself but not for the match :p(shame on me)

one of these days, we shld try to catch one of the matches at one of the happening places, just to live the moment.

Jane said...

laymank: yea, the local TV is not showing any 11pm match, except the finals. darn.

5sen: i prefer to watch on my cosy couch. haha.

Jane said...

sa: yeah. it was the 2nd goal for Argentina right? the guy kicked the ball from so far, and it went in at the corner. simply marvellous.