Sunday, June 11, 2006

Unusual encounter

I dunno why, but lately i just tend to crave for some particular food. First, it was for a delicious Pan Mee (a type of Chinese noodle). Eversince the Pan Mee stall in SS17 has moved, we have not been able to get hold of a nice, if not better, Pan Mee.

Then i wanted to eat Ikan Bakar (grilled fish) so badly, therefore we went to the famous Ikan Bakar stall @ Jln Belamy, near the Istana Negara last Saturday for lunch. *yummy*

Yesterday, i craved for the salt baked chicken (yea, direct translation from the cantonese word "yim kuk kei") sold in a pasar malam near my house. It has been a long time since i had one, seriously, i miss it so much. When i was a kid, i used to eat that every Sunday (cos that is the only time when the stall is opened for business at that particular pasar malam). And that is the ONLY food i eat for my dinner. Nothing else.

Just to satisfy the food devil in me, my mom and i went to the pasar malam for dinner last night. Initially, i thought of getting the salt baked chicken only, but the assam laksa nearby caught my attention (it is quite famous too). After a bit of hesitations, we decided to feast on the assam laksa as well. -_-

With all that, I can barely consume any more food after that. Too full. For those who knew me, they know the size of my stomach. That amount of food i had is considered amazing for me already. *burp*



My mom jokingly told me that if i continue craving and eating like this, im gonna be a fat girl very soon.

"i think u have grown fatter lately. i remembered u being slimmer."
"is it?" *looked at body conciously*
"yea, who ask u to eat so much... haha."

Oh shit, no way.. I will start to diet tomorrow. I will! *praying hard that i wont crave for anymore food*

On our way back to the car, we walked past a row of tore down stalls. My family used to go to one of those stalls for claypot chicken rice and chap fan, when my dad was still here. It was a bit sad, seeing all the old memories gone, making way for new development at that area.

As i was sentimentally recalling the happy times, i was disturbed by some uneasy noise. And only then i saw a lot of rats busy digging into the rubbish and woods, trying to find some food i guess. Yes, u heard me, A-LOT. If u are wondering, my definition for a lot is a quantity of more than 10.

And they were running everywhere.. inside the rubbish, beside the drain, on the road, under the trees. Disgusting and definately an eyesore i would say. O_o

We hurriedly walk to my car, terrified that the bunch of rats will jump at us. Well, no fret my fren. My imagination is sometimes kinda interesting and exaggerating. But before we manage to reach our car, we saw a group of dogs hanging around nearby. It looked like they drew a border themselves, among the rats and the dogs. They never intrude the other party's area, which is quite amusing since they are just only animals.

The whole scenario did not end just like that. Right before i took off from the parking area, a pair of dogs decided to treat me with a free show, and started to make out in front of me, without shame. Oh my god. Should i get a lottery today?

I guess my evening has been very unusual and eventful that particular day.

11 comments:

laymank said...

ahem... I get to be the first to comment.

Salt Baked Chicken, as much as I love fried chicken, I remembered I tried SBC once, and I liked it. Or was it 'Chi Pao Kai' (Paper wrapped chicken)? I think CPK is cooked by wrapping it with paper and burried it in the bulk of salt to cook. But it is not sold at the pasar malam here.

So, did you enjoy the 'show'? Muahahaha!

ellewy said...

you had gory scenes, 18SX, 18PG all in one package. lucky u! (or not) have to wash your eyes :)

Jane said...

laymank: 'Chi Pao Kei' is not cooked under a bulk of salt, that is for 'Yim Kuk Kei'. although i like to eat both of them, i still prefer the latter. :)

the show was "unexpected"..

ellewy: yeah. 18SX + 18SG = 18PL.

myfivesen said...

an eventful day indeed!! i guess if we slow down just a bit and observe, life can be that much more interesing. :) and no la.., where got 'fat'...

Jane said...

sa: i guess the management dont really care perhaps? yea, i hate stray dogs and cats too...

Peky said...

u're pregnant?? :P

how come the yim kuk kei is black wan ar??

Jane said...

peky: i knew u are goin to say this. hehe.. but im not!

cos it was covered with bulks of salt and a paper. after tearing off the paper then can only see the white chicken.

ellewy said...

if jane is 'fat', i would be the mega fei poh. HAHA.

yim kuk kai got wrapped with paper one meh?

laymank said...

does that make it 'Chi Pao Kai'?

confuciously confused.... :(

eddY said...

yer...

doesn't look tt yummy to me. but usually the not so "yummy" food are the ones which taste the best!

esp those roadside stalls...

hmmm... :p

Jane said...

ellewy: got paper one.. but the way the two chicken are cooked is different. yim kuk kai with a bulk of salt (big ones) where as chi pau kai with soya sauce.

laymank: nvm, both also chickens anyway. but i think u will still prefer chicken wings!! haha..

eddy: seriously it is deeelllicciousss! u should try it some time.