Sunday, June 04, 2006

Careless is not an excuse

This world is always full of cynical and skeptical people.

When u see a slow moving car, it must have been a lady driver...
When u see a badly parked car, it must have been a lady driver...
When u see a recklessly driven car, it must have been a lady driver...
When u see an unbelieveable accident, it must have been a lady driver...

What kind of discrimination is that? Are we still debating who is the superior one among the 2 gender?

IMHO (in my humble opinion), not all lady's a bad driver. It depends on individual. Some say ladies cannot read maps too, but me and Lee Yan drove in Victoria, Aussie by just relying on their maps. And we never got lost, not a single second. Meanwhile, a male friend of mine got lost numerous times even if he got the simplest and the best map around.

So the next time u see someone driving recklessly, for all u know, it could have been a male driver. And i can assure u, the number of male drivers driving like a maniac in KL is just as much.

I went to fetch my mom from my cousin's apartment in Desa Aman Puri today. She is finally back from her Taiwan trip with my aunt, which marks the end of my "home alone" day @ home. I have never seen or heard her being this happy after a trip, she was practically talking non-stop about her wonderful and unlimited "makan" journey. Anyway, that is not the main point here...

While we were having lunch at one of the hawker centres there, a lady driver simply parked her car at the right side of the road, just next to the hawker centre. Okie, fine, i dont really blame her for there is really very limited parking spaces at that area.

I guessed she met one of her long lost friends there, cos she started chatting and laughing loudly, which seemed to disturb other partrons nearby. She caught my attention as well, cos i was just sitting 2 tables away. O_o

Then more and more people came to join her and her friends, so they decided to find a bigger table which can accommodate all of 'em. That is when something interesting happened. Apparently, she put her car keys on the first table and forgot all about it when they moved to the other table. It was lying there, until the cleaner came to pick up the used plates and glasses. He hand in the keys to the tauke at the cashier counter and resumed his cleaning work.

About 15 mins later, the lady found out that about her missing keys (finally), and was a bit paranoid. She looked up and down the table, searched high and low, at the verge of breaking down and cry. The cleaner saw her and brought her to the tauke for the keys.

We witnessed the whole incident. I felt a bit pity for her but my cousin said she deserved it. That should give her a good lesson for being so careless.. -_-

But it is sadly true. Carelessness should not be an excuse for what that has happened. Luckily the cleaner is an honest guy. What could have happened if he took the keys and got away with the car?

And all the news that we've read in the newspaper about some ladies being raped or robbed or kidnapped or assaulted came flashing in my mind. The assailant managed to take this advantage because of their carelessness for not locking the car after they got in. We have been told so many times to do that, but still the same mistake happened over and over again. Who can u blame but urself?

My bro always remind me to lock my car, which has been a routine for me now. Even if i sit in my friend's car, i will remind or demand them to lock their car. For those who used to fetch me, they knew before i even open my mouth...

*jumps into the car*
"hey..."
"yeah i know, central lock rite?"
"u know me best..."
"why u so scared? there is a MAN here u know.."
"but the problem is, can see but cannot fight!" *evil grin*
"...."

Better be safe than sorry ppl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carelessness knows no gender and does not discriminate.. I'm a 'big prawn head' myself and to top that, a guilty repeat offender.. :p

I guess, as we go older, we shld get wiser..(hopefully)

And, yea.. always need to be xtra vigilant and alert nowadays..unfortunately.

take care and yippee! no more home alone 4 u huh.. :)

ellewy said...

yes jane, we were not 'lost' lost :p. i must admit i'm bad at directions.. not becoz i'm a girl but i've bad sense of direction. HAHA. with your level of carefulness, u'll be alright. just dun get distracted!