Monday, June 19, 2006

Are u always punctual?

I was supposed to meet someone at 10am today. I went there earlier, so that he will not have to wait for me and in return, i would certainly hope he'd do the same too.

10 mins passed.. *tick*tock*
15 mins passed.. *tick*tock*tick*
20 mins passed.. *tick*tock*tick*tock*
25 mins passed.. *tick*tock*tick*tock*tick*
30 mins passed.. *tick*tock*tick*tock*tick*tock*

That's it. I picked up my cellphone and gave him a ring. He said he is gonna be a bit late and will be on his way immediately. What?

If u know u are gonna be late, cant u be at least a lil bit considerate of that someone who is waiting for u, and give him/her an advance notice? Just give him/her a call, so that he/she will expect u being late, rather than waiting blindly, not knowing if u forgot the appointment or what.

I was nice enuff to have waited for half an hour before making the call, thinking that he might be caught in a terrible jam. But the fact that he was only about to make his way here at the time i called him, that really pissed me off!

And that was not the first time. Previously, he cancelled the appointment abruptly cos it clashed with his another appointment. That was so not-professional, cos he should have checked his organizer before making another appointment with his client. -_-

So we agreed to meet the next day after lunch. Right before lunch time, he called to cancel the meeting again cos he had to attend a training for the whole day. Right...

He scheduled it to Sunday, with no time specified. I was stupid enuff to let him do that, thinking that he might need to check his organizer properly this time and let me know the suitable slot later. It was almost 2pm, and i still have yet to hear from him. Gave him another call, and guess what! It was a morning call for him, as he was still in bed! Can u believe how irresponsible this person is? I know it is the world cup fever, and i cant blame him for getting some sleep after watching the games in the wee hours. But work is still work, u just have to keep ur promise. Am i being too demanding?

If u were counting just now, u would have figured out that today was the fourth time he missed his appointment. I got a newspaper and started flipping it, to keep my mind off my anger. He came finally, and i tried to be cool throughout our conversation. No war happened. O_o

Do u think punctuality is important in our life? Have u ever thought of the person who is waiting for u?

I know i am not punctual everytime i meet up with my frens, but not being punctual on EVERY appointment is something that is a bit hard to accept.

*cool down*

10 comments:

laymank said...

I concur with you.

Personally, I am a punctual person. Not 100%, but maybe 99%.

I detest the attitute of people not keeping their time punctual. All my close friends know this side of me. They can get 'long lectures' from me if late. hehehe... that demanding, I was and still am.

It's an selfish act to waste other's time waiting for you. And irresponsible for forgetting appointment.

Your 'friend' in the post, an insurance agent, I assumed is a 'pig'. If I am in your shoes, he shall see me no more. That stern, I am.

And I salute you skill of anger management! :p

myfivesen said...

Feels yr frustation.. and you're not being demanding either. Everyone values their own time/effort but do not always place the same importance/priority on others time/effort.

Well, what 2 do right? This is what makes life 'interesting' and everyone's different. Can always make a choice with who we want to deal with.

As for me, I feel like I been waiting my whole life... (thou I'm also not 100% punctual, so..)

Jane said...

laymank: its good to be punctual. being late sometimes still acceptable for me, but late everytime is just too much.

sa: at least u know to be punctual on work related stuff...

5sen: life is always full of "weird" ppl.

Peky said...

if i were you, there just wont be the 3rd time of waiting...period!

eddY said...

orh... talkin abt waiting for my insurance agents... sighed.. i kena twice... but the 3rd time i force him to treat me...

yes, being punctual is vvv important!!! how can u expect some1 to have faith in u if u r alwiz late? i won't let tt guy handle my policy or wat coz he might just let the deadline slip past and i'm payin him for his carelessness... huh...

i'm a very punctual and on the dot kind of person and i detest ppl who r late... i'll do the same lecturing but after some time just got sick to it... ur time r precious and mine is not... huh... tis kind ppl must make them wait long...long... take things for granted! :p

Unknown Author said...

Regretful to write this.. 50% of the time I am late.. Just dunno why.. :s

Peky, remember the time i was late for the bus to Penang? :s And also late for a flight to Miri!! :s.. but nowadays, I am better dy..

Jane said...

peky: erm.. i guess im too nice? :P

eddy: i tot of giving him another chance.. so that he will learn from his mistakes. mana tau...

hy: yeah!! u better be earlier next time!

ellewy said...

aren't insurance agents supposed to wait for their clients instead of the other way round?

it has become a habit that any dinners we have with the onsemi gang, at least someone will arrive late. that's why the 'organiser' had to set the time earlier. it's true that it's unfair to the people who are punctual, if everybody else turns up late.

Jane said...

ellewy: yea, no wonder people always organize at an earlier time, to make up for those who will definitely be late. Malaysian time, they say...

Jane said...

andell: luckily HE IS NOT! :D