Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Luck is not on my side

And i thought i was lucky when i narrowly missed an accident last week while i was driving back home after my dance class. But i was happy way too early..

This morning, while i was stuck in a stupid traffic jam as usual, the car in front of mine suddenly surprised me with an emergency halt. I was given only less than one second to step on my brake, but it wasnt enough. My car slowed down but f*cking unfortunately managed to hit the bumper of the front car becoming coming to a stop. At that moment, all that could come out from my mouth is "SHIT!".

It was a lady driver, and i released a sigh of relief. Not that i'm being racist or something, but i was really glad that it wasnt a male driver. U know how uncivilized and abusive some guys could be when they knew they are dealing with a female. They thought they are the superior ones and they assumed that they know almost anything or at least more than what a lady should comprehend.

We stopped our car by the roadside, so that it wont worsen the already bad traffic. I checked out her car first, cos anyhow, i was the one in fault by knocking her car from behind. She wasnt getting anything serious, just the plate number was broken a bit. The bumper still in place, but she claimed that it was broken too. -_-

My car was on the other hand, more serious than hers. Obviously a local Proton car cannot be compared with her old Nissan car. My front bumper was out of shape, being pushed inside. I didnt realised it at first cos the first thing i looked at was my plate number, and it was perfectly ok. Then only the bigger damage came into the picture. I was sad. Yea, i was seriously sad. *waa*


*sob*sob*

I wanted to pay her for the plate number, i know it isnt that much. But she was a bit hesitant to receive the money and keep on saying she wasnt sure how much it cost and also if she needs to change her bumper too. What? *im starting to doubt her motive*

So she took my number and my business card and say she will call me. I took her number too, and jot down her car number, just in case.

Why is this happening to me at this time? Im about to spend a lump sum of money for my trip next week, my road tax and insurance, and now fixing my own car! I certainly wouldnt want to spend more on paying her damage when it could just be a small fix on the car plate. I'm feeling damn angry with myself for being so careless today.

I dunno what my mom will say about this. She will definitely burst out in anger, although the car is mine and i pay for everything! I am so unhappy... i have no mood to work. *sigh*

No comments: