Sunday, May 21, 2006

A series of unfortunate events

Is it just me feeling it,
or is our dear country really becoming an unsafe neighbourhood for us to live in anymore?

A lot of bad things happened lately, either to me or to someone else around me. I might have been too sensitive but i just cant help it. If you keep on getting bad news or bump into some bad stuffs urself, im sure you would have felt the same thing as i do.

It all started this year (is this a bad year?), when a colleague lost her notebook in her car while she was out after work. It was the first case after so many years from the last one (which happened in the office area itself).

After a month or so, my 4th uncle's hse was broken into. The burglar almost turned his house upside down, without any drawer or corner being left out with peace. My aunt was deeply shocked when she saw the hse the moment she stepped her feet into the compound. She called the police right away and had her apartment unit sealed for investigations. She did not dare to go back to the house for a few weeks.

Next, i got a minor car accident which is not totally my fault, but since it was my first accident, i drove like a turtle after that for a good few weeks. Yes, i have regained the courage and confidence to drive at an appropriate speed. -_-

And i thought everything is all over but reality told me that it was just a beginning.

The feeling of uneasiness within me increased dramatically for the past few weeks. Another colleague got her car stolen while she was back in her hometown during one of the public holidays. And almost at the same time, another notebook was stolen from a different colleague while he was picking up his son. A week after that, another stolen notebook news again. O_o

Me and my lunchmates were discussing this over lunch one day..

"There are so many bad things happened lately within our company, this is so freaky."
"Yea, maybe it has got to do with the feng shui in this office?"
"Haha, then do u think we should move out to another office?"
"Either that, or we put some fengshui stand in the office, an aquarium or something.."

Well, feng shui is just something to ease our mind i guess.

Few days ago, my late 5th uncle's father in law passed away. We were saddened by the news although we have already expected it to come. I was supposed to follow my family and relatives to Kuala Kangsar yesterday for his funeral, but i wasnt feeling well, so they went ahead without me.

Last nite, we got a call from my aunt (whose father has passed away). Her condo was ransacked, the furnitures is still there, but some smaller things were stolen, eg digital cameras, cash, etc. It was very obvious that the burglar is a desperate man, cos he stole all my late uncle's clothes too inside the wardrobe, which were meant to be kept as memories. My goodness! Although her monetary loss is not major, but it was really heart breaking considering that she has just lost a father. Why is the world being so cruel to her!

I am really hoping that this is the end of all the unfortunate events that has been happening around me. Please.

5 comments:

ellewy said...

Jesus said in the bible "The thief comes to steal and kill and destroy.
I have come that they (you) might have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

tot would be nice to share it to u :)

laymank said...

I guess there is no place safe in this world anymore. Divine protection is what we need most now!

Anonymous said...

Yup.. here's hoping an end to all the bad things been happening lately.. take care and let's just be more careful and watch our backs..

Anonymous said...

That's really a string of unfortunate events.....Agree with anonymous.. just need to be more careful...

Jane said...

hey, thanks everyone for your wishes and good lucks. i am hoping that everything will be smooth for me and the people around me (which include u guys too ;P) after this.