Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's your day, Daddy..

It has been almost 9 years since u've gone. But it felt like yesterday when we last spent our time together, chatting about the current political news, gossiping about mom's nagging behaviour, challenging each other with the tetris games that we both love, sharing food that i couldnt finish ...

Everytime i think of u on this day of the year, i will feel a twist in my heart. I know it has been so long, but deep in my heart, i still misses u very much. U are the one who taught me to ..

start reading an English paper (namely, The Star) since i was at a very young age.
sit like a girl when i used to spread my legs on the couch like i was doing some acrobatic acts.
recognise the road when we were out jln jln so that i wont get lost in the future.
drive with a manual car when i was just 9 (yeah, i was only responsible for the gear box, if u are wondering. My feet were not long enuff, ok).
admit my own mistakes and stand responsible for them when i try to blame it on others (punishments come into the picture for this to take effect :P).
be patient when i used to show a "charcoal" face if i didnt get what i want instantly.
respect the elders as well as other people when u made it compulsory for us to greet everyone on every occasion.
study smart not study hard to become a successful person when u saw me struggling to be the top student in school.

and the list can go on and on for a few pages...

And I also remembered how mom cried when she was about to leave UTM, after accompanying me for the first day's registration at my dormitory. She whispered in between her tears, "If only your dad can see u now.. he would be so proud."

It is ironic when u decided to leave us on my birthday, instead of the remaining 364 days of the year. But mom made me realised that u did that just because u love me, as much as i love u.

"He wanted u to remember him for the rest of your life. Just as how he will never forget u for the rest of his life..."

I have learned and grown up alot, Dad. I have become a better person and I will make u proud!

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE U!

7 comments:

Peky said...

cherish while you can. :)

things happen for good reasons...i always make myself believe that.

ellewy said...

Cherish while you can..that's so true. you know what? it's my dad's birthday today. sent him a card. I couldn't stop dreaming about him when I first came to Australia. the airport scene when we said goodbye just kept on popping in my head all the time. haven't seen him cry like that before...

Daddy will always be the hero in our heart.

Jane said...

peky & ellewy: yes, we should always cherish our loved ones while we still can.

btw, mother's day is just around the corner. u know what to do... *wink*

Anonymous said...

be a good girl and make your father proud :)

Peky said...

i can only send mama a card... :(

Jane said...

vincent: that is the only thing that i could do.

peky: well, mebbe u caould call her and chat for a while? anyhow, im sure she will know that u love her...

Jane said...

simple american: nope, not 12th, my late dad's birthday was on the 10th May. but there's really a lot of people born on this particular month..