Sunday, June 26, 2005

Astro Talent Quest 2005

I just came back from Astro in TPM~ Technology Park Malaysia. My fren (uni's junior to be exact) is one of the contestant in The Astro Talent Quest 2005. I never knew that he can sing when i was still in uni, so when i got to know that he is competiting, im quite amazed. And in fact, he has won a few singing competitions previously. *oooooooooohhhhhh*




ATQ 2005

Each contestant is allowed to bring 5 guests to the performance, so me, my cousin and her frens went to support him for 2 consecutive days (Sat and Sun). If u see someone familiar in Astro Wah Lai Toi, yes, u aint seeing any illusion. It was me... ;)

I didnt mean to steal any limelight during the show, but so coincidently, we were standing at the front row, and just next to the cameraman. I guess that answered everything. My coll in Sbn sms-ed me when she saw me in tv that nite, and only did i realise i was caught on camera. O_o

When i was asked to stand at the same spot again on Sun, this time with the existence of pom pom and word banner, i knew we had created some excitements in the studio, hence, the cameraman wont let us go away so easily. A photographer even took a few photos of us, but we didnt manage to check with him which mag/paper is that.. so we will never know if our photos are published.

Geez, I hope we werent making a fool of ourselves. I didnt know that they actually bring in the pompom and the banner, and asked me to play along with the idea. But our support has boosted Kwok Fai's confidence level. I guess its worth it. FYI, he made thru to the finals in Genting. Please help me to vote for him on that day (im not too sure about the date yet, let u guys know once i get hold of the information). Type ATQ 14, and sms to 33888. Thanks muchie!!

Standing in the Astro's studio for 1.5 hours would never give me any prob if not because of the long tiring day i had since morning. My legs are weak....

I was up as early as 7am and headed to Amcorp Mall for the TJJ Hatch-A-Hawksbill Jumble Sale. The event was supposed to start @ 10am, but we need to be there earlier to sort the mags, books, comics, toys, bags, display items, shoes, etc...etc... I didnt know that they have actually collected so many stuffs.

Those old mags are the bestseller of the day. I was shocked that there are so many ppl interested in those.. hmm.. is it because the price is damn cheap? There is this one lady who bought alot of stuff from our stall. She took this and that without even asking or thinking about the price.. and she even came a few rounds to check for any latest addition of stocks.

"is there anything new added?"
"ohh, we have this box of small toy cars, and a few bags of race tracks..."
"okie, i'll take all toy cars, pack everything for me, and those tracks too"
*jaws dropped*

Being a volunteer in the jumble sale for the very 1st time is really fun. Its been a while since i need to stand and walk for the whole day (i was working as a part time promoter during secondary school). *memories flashed back* And u get to help saving the turtles! For more information of the volunteer programme in Padang Kemunting, Melaka, please click here.

1 comment:

Unknown Author said...

Regarding ATQ
IS phoebe as irritating real live as on TV? hahauhahaha...