Thursday, May 12, 2005

Good bye Lee Shin!

Another one of my colleagues is going off, but not leaving the company. Instead, she will be based in our HQ in Phoenix, Arizona. Lee Shin is the person whom i got to know when i was still working back in Seremban. She was a contract employee then, and she filled up my position when i went back to UTM to finish my degree after the industrial training. When i came back to regain my position, she was transferred here. A very smart and intelligent lady, but some may consider her a workacholic, cos she can work day and nite, without rest. Superb!


Dearest Lee Shin...

It is so saddening when u see them leaving one by one. All the old employees will be replaced by a whole new batch. The turnover rate here in RSDC is kinda high lately. I guess the ONWard project pissed most of us here... Being postponed a few times, and now changing its direction from going live in a big bang to going by phase. Everything was basically packed in a "bag" and waiting for the time before we get the green light and unpack them and start all over again. Waste of our previous effort i tell u! Things are surely gonna change as time passes by.

We had a farewell lunch yesterday in Seoul Bulgogi Korean steamboat/BBQ restaurant @ Plaza Pantai. I dont think it is an ori korean restaurant cos the only korean food it served is kimchi. The rest are just normal steamboat/BBQ. Food was just so-so. Not much variety.


Everyone is busy with their food. If u see how much we ate, u will know how hungry we were...


Appitizer?? Erm, new Japanese vocab?


Normally we got away with the food we cant finish, cos we definitely know where to hide them... in the soup, in between plates and tissues... hehe :P

The best thing of all is, i dont have to fork out a single penny. My manager pay for my share as a welcoming lunch (after 9 months im here). In fact, there are 7 others who shared the same luck too. So now u know how many people has joined us in the last 9 months..

The lunch basically filled up every single space in my stomach. Went for badminton session with my colleagues after work and skipped dinner :P Cant take anymore food.

Today is Friday the 13th. I feel a bit spooky about it eversince i had an accident on this particular day 3 years ago. I was a university student back then in Skudai, Johor. I did quite bad on the exam that nite. Me and my house mates were trying to get over it, when one of them suggested we take a ride on a bike. We took turns to ride at the back of the motorbike, with the same driver (or should i say rider?). I was happily enjoying the ride, feeling the wind landing hard on my face, my body shivering in responds to the coldness, when all of a sudden, there is a Kembara speeded out from a junction somewhere. That was it.. i knew on that split seconds that we were not able to stop on time. The minute i opened my eyes, i was lying face down on the floor way in front of the car and the bike. I guess i've become the supergirl of the day. Yeah, Ms Incredible. :P

But it never stops me from riding a motorbike again, just that i may prefer a car now.. heee... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that chick in green shirt getting food (2nd pic). She looks like a girl from my high school in Alor Setar long long time ago? Too bad I forgot her name.

Jane said...

who is this anonymous? that girl is my colleague. and yeah, she is from alor setar!