Saturday, September 01, 2007

Tunku The Musical


I just came back from an unexpected chance to go to the Tunku The Musical show @ Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre, thanks to Huini (because her hubby couldnt make it). Altho i was just a replacement for her husband's seat, i am glad that she extended her invitation to me.

Earlier during the day, i asked Huini what is the dress code for the performance. Normally we would have to wear formally for the event but she said no. Jeans will do, she added - so we wore jeans and "nice" tank tops to the show. Luckily we were not the only one wearing jeans, and there really was no dress code emphasized but 90% of the people dressed smarter than us.

The show lasted about 1 hour and 30 minutes. It was really great. I never knew that our country actually have so many talented and good singers. Their voices bring out every message they wanted to send. No wonder the musical performance did so well, almost every show was sold out. And due to this overwhelming responses, they have added a couple of extra performances.

I personally admire Doreen Tang, the main actress of the show. Not only her voice is great, but there was a scene where she was gang raped and murdered - it was so profesionally done. Even the way the guys approached and tortured her made my heart skipped a beat. Way to go girl and the group!

Before i go off to bed, I have to admit that this show has opened up my eyes about the unlimited talents of these performers. There are still a lot of room for improvements. U know what, I can seriously and honestly said that i am proud of being a Malaysian! Appreciate what you have.

On a side note, today is Juan Yean's birthday. Happy birthday "big kid"! May u grow up healthy and wise! :)

2 comments:

Simple American said...

Happy birthday Juan Yean. Listen to Jane, ok and be wise and healthy.

They had such a brutal scene in a play in Malaysia. Wow! Very surprised, cause I have heard they really edit American movies.

I went to symphony Saturday. I wanted to wear jeans and polo shirt. My missus said no way, so I went to the other extreme and wore a suit. I actually saw a guy wearing a tee-shirt and jeans. Of course he had longer hair than you. Yep that long.

Jane said...

Yea, i was very suprised too.

Haha, ur missus was right, u were not supposed to wear casual in a symphony.. tho that guy could be an artist. haha.