Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Moon Cake Festival!

I think if i were somehow decided to leave my current company, i could easily get another job - as an event planner or organizer. Prolly wedding planner too, it is just for different occasions anyways, nothing much differ in terms of planning.

I have been busy today and also will be for the next couple of days, due to the big group of guests coming from US and Seremban for a strategic meeting to reduce cost. I was unofficially appointed as the "personal assistant" for the Purchasing Director to help him in getting all the lunches, dinners, morning and tea breaks sorted out. And i have to buy all the beverages and sundries too...

I ran up and down in the mall to look for the most suitable food menus, bakeries, cafes, etc. It is not easy serving a group of locals and westerners - need to take into consideration of their non-favourable food. How can we satisfy everyone's taste bud? That is really a challenge for me.

That aside, just now i had a BBQ party at my uncle's house to celebrate the Mid-Autumm Festival a.k.a. Moon Cake Festival. We dont really celebrate it every year, but the kids never had any BBQ before so we wanna let them have a feel for it. I tell u, the kids were crazy about the idea!


First batch of grilled food.

I reached home around 7pm and i saw my cousins were already grilling the chicken wings and sausages. They were very excited doing it for the first time. Haha, i can actually start eating without doing anything. But of cos, i feel kinda bad if i did that, so i went to the kitchen and cut the baguette to make some garlic bread (grilled on the BBQ pit).

I was kinda surprised when my aunts said they never do garlic bread before in a BBQ session. Well, i do that for all my BBQ party with my frens. It is as easy as A-B-C! And delicious too... it is a favourites for the nite (besides the chicken wings).

Here are some of the food we had.


Grilled Tom Yam prawns and squids.


Steamed ground nuts.


Corns for BBQ.


Grilled crabs! But not from Seremban, locally made :)


The raw crabs didn't look so nice..


Unsuccessful attempt..

OK, thats all folks.

p/s: i left this post on draft cos i couldnt update it earlier. So u may be wondering why this is appearing now..

2 comments:

Simple American said...

Wondering what?

I just wonder when I can go try some of that. haha. Man. Gotta start saving those peanuts.

Jane said...

hehe, u can have lots of those if u come here!