Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Quote of the day

Came in to work this morning. Started downloading the emails from the server and from the tonnes of emails that i've received in my company mailbox, this one stood out from the rest. Titled "Quote of the day", it was sent by my new boss.

Hi everyone,

I normally send quotes that I receive from my personal email to my team members and I plan to continue this. It is a good way for self motivation and growth. Here is the quote I received today:

Are you being forced to lower your expectations, or are you simply choosing the easy way out? You must expect the best in order to achieve the best, yet it takes more than just expectation. It takes effort and commitment. If you lower your expectations at the first sign of difficulty, it seriously erodes their value.

Don’t lower your expectations to meet your performance. Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations. Expect the best of yourself, and then do what is necessary to make it a reality. It is easy to change your expectations. You can do it in an instant. And that can be a problem. Too often, we lower our expectations because that is easier than overcoming the obstacles which stand in the way of fulfilling those expectations.

--Ralph Marston

There is more to come in the future. This is a new way of starting the day of work. ^_^

5 comments:

myfivesen said...

ahh... breath of fresh air, with inspiration thrown in to start yr days. :)

Hv a great one!

eddY said...

hey... nice quote... can forward to us in the morning as well? coz by the time u post, sleepin hrs liao... dun need motivation to sleep :p

Unknown Author said...

I think he will be expecting a lot from you all.. Good luck.. :)

laymank said...

hmm... yea... good luck!
don't say he didn't warn...

;p

Jane said...

my5sen, sa: hopefully everything turns out well.

eddy: oops, just deleted today's quote, tomoro ya..

hy, laymank: hey u two, u are scaring me! :(