Monday, September 04, 2006

Fish Head Beehoon

I woke up at 11am today, still feeling sleepy. Although i have slept for more than 8 hours, i still feel like it is not even close to enough. Ppl always tell me that u could never recover back the sleep that you have lost, and sadly to say, it is damn true!

For the past few weeks, i have been sleeping late and getting up early. I dunno what the heck happened to me, i seemed to have a lot of things to do at the same time. I rushed here and there, trying to settle everything altogether. I got my stuff to worry about, and yet i have to worry about other ppl's stuff. I was really tired. -_-

U might be a bit surprised to hear this, but i spent the whole day sleeping on Merdeka Day. Woke up at 2pm to get lunch and then slept again after fetching my mom to my aunt's hse. Yes, i was lying on their couch like a dead pig... O_o

Anyhow, since i was awake and it was close to lunch time, my aunt and i went to try this fish head beehoon at Jalan Loke Yew. I have been hearing about this stall from her for quite sometime, but never got the chance to taste it.The last time i came here, it was all sold out, and it was just around 2pm!



On my way here, I drove past the Hung Kee wan tan mee shop that Jeff went to the other day. Apparently, my aunt used to eat there quite frequent some time back, when she was working nearby. But she told me that it wasnt as nice anymore, which really made sense after the comments made by those who went there recently.


The fish head beehoon; with fried fish and also cooked fish.

This fish head beehoon is served individually, unlike the usual one we had near The Mall shopping centre where they were served in a big claypot for everyone. The portion is really very big for me, i could only managed to finish half of it. I bet this will be a very satisfying meal for the guys.

But before u come here, you must be well prepared. Firstly, it is a one-man-show. He is the only one around the stall, so he is the one cooking, preparing the drinks, cutting the ingredients, washing the dishes, delivering the food and also collecting the money. Therefore, the waiting time could go up to 30 mins to 1 hour, although there are only a few ppl on the tables.

Secondly, there aint many tables around. As a matter of fact, there are only 2 medium rectangular tables in the stall. So u cant be shy to share the tables with strangers cos u might end up standing there for ages.

Lastly but not the least, u must be able to endure high temperature of heat. There is no air cond or fan, it is just a small stall by the road side, ok. The heat from the sun, the road, the car, the bike and the "kitchen", oh my god. U dont wanna know how much i sweat, especially when i started eating the beehoon in the hot soup plus the cili padi. Eddy, i dont think this is somewhere u would wanna be...

However, those who are up to the challenge, u are most welcome here. Just dont complain when u are there cos u might hear the owner says "If u cant wait, then dont eat!". I heard that today when one of the customers complained a little. *gulp*

Price : RM4.50 per bowl

9 comments:

myfivesen said...

Been a very long time since followed SK1 to that stall near the Mall..this stall's 'yee tau mai' seems yummy oso. But how come from the pic looks like thick porridge one..?

btw.. take care ya, dun sleep too late if can help it lo.

Jane said...

my5sen: the soup is milky, that is why so white lar.

sa: wow, lately u seemed to be trying alot of malay + Asian food. good.. keep up the good work and keep practising before u come to Msia to visit us! :P

laymank said...

jane, he's getting better ... he knows how to say 'pengsan' liao...

Jane said...

sa: keke. oh geez, i miss having dim sum, havent had that for quite some time. u lucky dude!

laymank: great, then he wont have any problem communicating in malaysia. still need more words other than 'pengsan' though... :D

eddY said...

hey is this the same place SK1 brought me n JY there 2gether wt the grp of RSDC charlie angels ar?... i still remembered she park next to the "tong sampah"... geng man... although the place abit stuffy but "Fish head noodle" taste good... till my sweat mixed soup... muahahaha...

hmmm... jane... actly i dun mind eating cili padi but the challenge is the place loh... if places like tis, maybe need to bring extra t-shirts to change :p

Jane said...

eddy: nope, that is totally a different place. the one sk1 brought u is near The Mall shopping center lar. this one at Jln Loke Yew.

eddY said...

opppsss... salah info pulak...

okok... maybe it's time u guys tk me there for a visit to avoid future mistake... muahahah...

thanks in advance! :p

Jane said...

haha. u cannot stand the heat one.. so no need lar..

laymank said...

i can stand the heat...

so, bring me! :P