Sunday, September 24, 2006

Food frenzy II

I have heard so much about this Dragon I restaurant from my colleagues. Located at the Cititel Hotel, MidValley, i've decided to bring JoMo there for a light lunch (considering that it serves nice shanghai noodles a.k.a. La Mien which is not as filling as rice). We gotta save some spaces in our stomach for a Japanese buffet dinner. *yum*yum*

Fortunately i made reservations before hand, cos the place is damn crowded during lunch time. It took me a while to figure out what to order, cos everything looks good on their menu. *_*

As i observed the crowd while waiting for our food to arrive, i realized that most of them had dumplings on their table. There is no way you cannot see that these Shanghainese dumplings are their signature dishes! Xiu Long Pao as it is popularly known in Cantonese, it consists of minced pork wrapped with a thin dough. When you give the dumpling a bite, you will be able to taste the sweet soup which was also wrapped and concealed inside. That is really something that u cant get from a normal dumpling. No wonder it is so famous! It is really good. I can still imagine the taste in my mouth now.


Shanghainese dumplings.

I seriously couldnt recall what are the names of the noodles that we took. But i did remember to ask JoMo to demonstrate how the Korean and Japanese people eat their noodles, with a loud slurping sound *slurrrppppssss*

I didnt manage to get my hands on their dessert this time around. I heard it was not bad, according to some online blogs. Maybe some other time..



The price of the food here is quite pricey. For eg, the dumplings in the set of 4 cost us RM8. This is not something that u can afford to eat daily, but u can give it a try though, once in a while or on special occasion.

Stop drooling... ^_^

Dragon I Restaurant
Main Lobby, Cititel Hotel
Ground Floor, Mid Valley City
Tel : +603 2282 0155

2 comments:

Jane said...

haha.. it is supposed to be a light meal!!! come come!

Jade said...

I like the Xiu Long Pao also... it really taste nice.... Feel hungry leh!!