Monday, February 06, 2006

Hokkien nite

Bro went back to Labuan yesterday. Which means, i got my car back! *yay*

Well, dont get me wrong. He did not steal or hijack my car, u silly. He just borrowed my car for the 2 weeks he was back here in KL for the CNY holidays. I dont mind, really, cos he comes back once in a few months, and it is sad seeing him not able to go anywhere when im at work cos his Vios is in Labuan. Therefore, during the festive break, when im not working, i let him use my car, the only transport in my family. ;)

So that explains why i couldnt join some of the outings last week. Sorry people..

I was being a good girl, staying at home watching TVB dramas "Wars of In-Laws". Was stuck in front of the TV, like a leech... until yesterday.

After fetching bro to KLIA in the afternoon, i went straight down to Seremban to visit my landlady and some of my ex-colleagues. While i was on my way to the airport, i realised that the petrol is running low, cos the indicator started blinking. But alas, there is no petrol station in sight, not until about 20 km away. Oh man, really scare the shit out of me! *phew*

Lesson to be learned : remember to look at the petrol level after lending others ur car. -_-


Sbn town, long time no see.

I got a little surprise when i stepped my feet into JC's hse that day. I was like trapped in a time machine and went back to the Ming Dynasty in China. *jaws dropped*


My first sight into the hse.


Emperor and the queen.


The emperor's concubines.. muahaha...


The grand entrance.

Cool eh? I felt like visiting a museum. Haha.. But it was a great gathering we had, guys.

My ex-landlady's hse was filled with people by the time i reached. There was going to be a god worshipping celebration that nite (we called it 'bai tin gong' in Cantonese), and that was the reason why i was invited. There were neighbours, frens and relatives, all with their own families. And for the first time ever, i really felt so out of place in that "once-supposed-to-be-my-home" place. Dunno where to stand, who to talk to, or what to do. My ex-hsemates all not around. Satu pergi Singapore for business trip, and satu lagi balik kampung. O_o


Yummy food served for the guests.. *drooling*


Killing the crabs softly.

But being "me", i managed to break the ice with some aunties in the kitchen, whom i've seen during my stay in Sbn. It wasnt easy after so long, and some more they got tonnes of food to cook, and they wont let me help.


Aunties @ work.


Roasted pig.

What a nite. *puffy eyes*

2 comments:

Peky said...

hey!!! Violet is back!! :) :)

Jane said...

haha.. yeah. she is back for the summer break. flying off on 16th feb.

u miss her, dont u??!! hee...