Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Hang Kasturi, or Hang Tuah?

When was the last time you went to Petaling Street?

I was there yesterday to bring my cousins to the Kasturi Tuition Center for registration. If u havent know, this is one of the most popular tuition center for the past few decades. It was very famous during my aunt's school days, it was also very famous during my school days, and now it is still famous during my cousin's school days.

I wonder how much the owner of this center has earned? He must has been super rich by now, looking at the number of students thronging the place day by day. From some high profile schools like Methodist Boys School and Victoria Institution, all the way to those low profile or unknown schools in the more rural area.

Being there again made me feel like a school children once more. Last time, i used to rush to the center after school in order to book a place at front seat. My super fast walking pace was trained at that time, and we didnt even have time to have a proper lunch, just grabbed some buns along the Petaling Street on our way. O_o


After the renovation, Petaling Street which was once a filthy street, potraits a whole new image to the people with nice roof top.


The operation hours have been fixed and obliged (do they?)


Although the look and feel is different, but there are still some youngsters approaching ppl to sell pirated vcds/dvds. Macam mau gaduh...


The ever famous Air Mata Kucing stall.


This tau fu fa stall serves the best soya bean curd i have eaten so far. Smooth and delicious! Located at the cross junction of the Petaling Street (diagonal opposite the Air Mata Kucing stall).


Hmm, this muah chee stall came out in the paper sometime back. Never knew its existence before this...


Got pandan, black sesame and normal plain flavour. The auntie kept yelling "good stuff, good food" -_-


This row of non-halal meat slice shops are crowded lately, when the CNY is just around the corner.


*drooling*


These school kids heading back home at the Plaza Rakyat's LRT station surely reminds me of myself when i was their age.

But i wasnt "that" old after all.... *self-console*

Oh yeah, btw, i saw 2 different insects outside my house door when i was on my way out to fetch my cousins.


Clearly some war has been going on. Both were laid there motionless and injured. One upside down, and the other, torn into two. -_-"

4 comments:

laymank said...

wow! good old days at petaling street! I did my part time diploma and higher diploma there leh...

I used to grab a bun and brought it to class as dinner, too. :p
Good old memories...

The last time I went was November last year. It did improved 'tremendously'!

Great line up of the pictures! Keep them comin'.

eddY said...

hey can help me buy ba kua if u happen to drop by there anytime soon... coz i alwiz missed it for the past 2 yrs... sighed... and ba kua it's my fav delicacy for CNY... time to stuff the fat back to my body... yerrr.... :p

Jane said...

laymank: thanks.

ed: tot u say wanna keep fit cos u gained weight recently? now want me to help buy ba kua pulak? contradicting ler...

-_-"

eddY said...

sorry jane... when it comes to ba kua and CNY is just ard the corner, i cant help but to *drool* over my ba kua... yeah weights will be gained therefore after ba kua eating i'm planning for an intensive weight shedding exercises... gym anyone? ehehehehe...