Sunday, January 08, 2006

Changes we all made

It has been a long time since me and my secondary school buddies came out and have a proper yumcha session. We used to come out every weekends to update each other on what is happening among each and everyone of us. Some of my colleagues find it rather shocking as to how frequent we gather together, not to mention that most of us are having 100% attendance.

"how could u guys come out every weekend?"
"why not?"
"what is there so much to talk about? even though me and my frens come out once in a few months, also i find myself dont have much to update them.."
"well, i really dunno, but somehow we talked non-stop whenever we meet up" ^_^

When i first started working and they were still in uni (i was the earliest to grad among all my buddies cos i skipped Form 6), i talked about my encounters in the working world, while they talked about the funny stuffs that happened in their universities. Although we were in a diff world by then, but we still managed to click with each other.

Now, all of us have our own jobs, ranging from IT, Chemistry, Customer Service, Engineering, Stats, etc and etc. How have we all grown up...

I had this one particular interesting remark from one of my frens last nite, during the yumcha session.

"hey, were u with us in the Redang trip about 5 years ago?"
"yeah, why?"
"u know, i was looking back at our Redang photos few days ago. i saw this person, and i pondered for a while thinking whether it is u or not"
"cant u recognise me? we have been frens for more than 10 years dy" *trying to throw tantrum*
"yep, but man, what have u done to yourself! u looked so diff compared to the photos. have u been doing cosmetic surgery?? muahahha!"
-_-"

I flipped back the old Redang photos when i came back home after that. Man, i cant really believe my eyes too. A bit on the "leong" side.. *faster keep the evidence in the closet*

But i guessed it is a good thing, and that i have changed for the better... ;)

6 comments:

laymank said...

yea, we never realize how much we've changed until we looked back. Just like the remark you gave me on how I look 6 years ago and now. :p

Anonymous said...

Good that you have changed for the better :) I looked back and I think I still look the same..sigh...

Jane said...

laymank: yeah, ppl keeps on changing..

ribena: haha.. still looked the same like when u were 10 years old? :P good lar, not easily get old.

Unknown Author said...

Jane : haha.. i still remember how u look on ur old IC.. v said u look like 'maid' or something with the earrings... hahaha.. :p

I know..i know.. mine is nowhere better than u.. :D haha.

Anonymous said...

indeed it's not easy to keep the relationship going on~~ u have to treasure what you have right now :)

Jane said...

huiying: yeah, u still remember!! but that wasnt the worst photo. ooppss...

vincent: yeah, and it is not easy for u and me to still keep in touch after losing it sometime back. thanks for being my fren still.