Sunday, August 28, 2005

Happy Graduation Day, Ji Ric!

My house has been surrounded by noise pollution! S.O.S!!

This morning, i was awakened abruptly by a super loud song sang by Siti Nurhaliza. And at one time, while i was still half conscious, i was surprised as to why the Chinese temple put up a "Malay" song???

Mana tahu, it was from a Malay neighbour at the other opposite road of my house (well, my hse is located at a crossroad, so u can imagine how many houses can be stated as "opposite"). They are having a wedding ceremony, hence the musics and the kompangs and the crowd. O_o

No need to sleep liao.

Me and my frens went to Ji Ric's convocation @ Wisma MCA, KL in the evening. It does feels a bit odd, having a graduation ceremony in the middle of the city centre, without any universities in sight. And so there goes the last convocation among my gang of frens (i think, is there anyone else?)!





After the UTAR Inaugural Convocation 2005, we had dinner @ The Coliseum Cafe & Hotel, located at Jalan TAR. It is a very old fashioned restaurant, very very very ancient. The moment i stepped my feet in the restaurant, memories flashed back to 60 years ago. I really can imagine myself in the 30's with all the antique tables, chairs, receptions, windows, doors, everything! For those hygiene-freak, please think twice before coming here. Old stuffs mean looking real old, some with stubborn stain which could have been there for ages. So dont be caught in surprised!



Hearsay, the place is famous for its sizzling steak, and they will cook and serve the dishes right infront of u. But we didnt try any of those. *blek*


*smoky*

Maybe i will go there again and try it. Believe me!

And finally, tonite will be the last noisy nite. As i was typing this, i can still hear ppl shouting using their mic. They are doing some lelong/bidding activities. -_-

"RM8888, any other takers?"
"RM10000!"
"Okay, RM10000. Anyone else? Going once, going twice, SOLD!"

6 comments:

oceanric said...

Thank you very much! I'm so happy to see you guys there =^_^=

ellewy said...

I bet u're one of the earliest to graduate from your batch. I have been to coliseum too. it's really old hor! I like the steak and ice cream pan cake. din like the side-dish though.

oceanric said...

I'm in the last session for the pioneer batch =^_^=

Jane said...

ellewy: then i wanna try the ice cream pancake next time.

oceanric: no prob. now big boy liao. must work smart, not just hard!

oceanric said...

hahaha...any tips on how to work smart?

Jane said...

oceanric: erm, wear smart??!! muahahaha :)