Monday, March 24, 2008

Car-less

It wasnt a great deal, but it was by far the best deal i got. And now, finally, im officially car-less. Yea, that doesnt sound good at all.

Never had i imagine life is so difficult without a car. Maybe i was too spoiled by having someone to fetch me everywhere before i got my own car in the final year of my university days. It was such a freedom, to be able to go anywhere my mood takes me. To be able to meet up with my family and frens at the snap of a finger. And to be able to go on a food adventure (jalan-jalan cari makan), that i love to do so much.

If only the public transportation in KL is so much better, then i wouldnt have fret a bit about losing a car. Buses were my only transportation when i was in high school, but i dreaded those times where i have to wait for one for more than an hour sometimes. Waiting in a bus stop (that is probably 5 minutes away from my house) is not the best thing in the world, especially under the hot sun with a temperature so high that could easily get u skin cancer. Not only that, u will never be able to get a decent or undecent seat during rush hour and u could end up being trapped under two pairs of sweaty arms that can get u fainted in 10 seconds. Yes baby, im not kidding u.

Moving to my new place currently has slightly improved some of the issues. The bus stop is just outside of my condo's entrance and the buses come more often that they used to. There are a lot of shops nearby which eliminate some of the necessities to drive out. My mom is the happiest person when we decided to get this property. :P


My ex-car, Honda City.

I am now using my aunt's car temporarily to go to work. But i will have to return it next week because she will need to use the car every now and then. Hopefully it wont cause her too much trouble now.

No comments: