Friday, March 21, 2008

Bubye my frens!

Most of my frens were very shocked when they got to know that i will be leaving for the States next month. They didnt believe me. Yes, i will be transferred to my company's head office in Phoenix, Arizona.

I totally understand how they feel because i felt the same way 2 weeks ago. I wasnt expecting this to come so soon - but what can i say, opportunity came knocking on my door when i am least prepared.

In summary, there was a PHX based position available from a different team and i was in the list of candidates to fill up the role. Maybe i wasnt the perfect or the top candidate that they would want but after a little compromise from both parties, we came to an agreement. And one of the many things, i'm supposed to start working there in early April.

It was a very very hard decision, trust me. Altho i knew this is going to happen eventually, but it is still not as easy as i would thought it would be. For me to leave my family and frens behind, starting my life all over again in a foreign country - that needs a lot of courage, as well as support from my family.

After many sleepless nights, the decision was made. And since then, i was so busy taking care of my personal and work stuffs. *breathe*breathe*

So last nite, my high school frens gave me a farewell dinner @ Tian Yian Cafe & Restaurant in Taman Miharja, Cheras. We chose a vegetarian restaurant because 2 of my frens are vegetarian and we want everyone to enjoy the food and company. Actually, I went to the SS2, PJ branch last year and it was really good!


The food was very good as expected. i can see myself coming back again.. :)


Jane, Sok Yee and Henk.


Chee Yee, Soon Kuan, Danny, Cherrie, Jane, Lai Yeen, Shi Yen, Wee Peng & Sok Yee.

I am very glad that my family took the news with an open mind. Mom is sad of cos, but i promise that i will come back to visit her as often as i can. *muaks*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Jane u moving so far away. Hope got chance to visit you next time :D
Take good care!

myfivesen said...

Take care Jane and all the best wishes! You are living the life you love, keep on going! :D