Saturday, October 20, 2007

Krispy Kreme

I heard a lot about Krispy Kreme from my frens. The way they commented its doughnuts made me crave for one. But unfortunately, we dont have Krispy Kreme in Malaysia. So when i saw the store in Korea, I got a couple of them without thinking twice :)


Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

There were lotsa people lining up, exactly like what my frens have described to me. It is amazing how doughnuts can be so popular among them, it is not considered as a very healthy food. Then i realized one thing, the Hot Light is lit up!


Hot NOW!

Look for the Hot Light!
It signals our customers about some really good news. When we turn the light on during certain hours of the day and night, it means that our Original Glazed yeast-raised doughnuts are coming out RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT! So come on in and get some HOT!


While i was waiting in line, there is a glass panel next to me displaying the process of making the original glazed doughnuts. It is all machine operated, very systematic. I think i looked like a 3 years old kid watching the doughnuts in amaze. *blush*


Picking up the doughnuts.


Frying the donuts.


Put on the glaze..

When it was my turn to order, i couldnt make up my mind. There were so many choices, i almost felt like getting each and every of them. Luckily my senses came to me on time, and i just picked 3. I surely couldnt skip the signature treat, Original Glazed doughnut - it's hot off the line!


Some of their selections.


Orange Tango, Original Glazed and Glazed Sour Cream [bottom].

I simply love the original glazed doughnut! I need to have more of that next time when i see a Krispy Kreme store! :) And i heard Big Apple just opened at The Curve and has a very big crowd too. I havent tried it yet, but alot of people commented Big Apple is better than Dunkin' Donuts but Krispy Kreme is still the best!

5 comments:

ellewy said...

You were in Korea? I know Americans and Aussies like to eat doughnuts a lot. Looks like the trend is in Malaysia now. Looks good...Pavilion got Big Apple right? have to go hunting for some in the weekend.

Anonymous said...

I think the Curve also got Big Apple. Somewhere near TGIF. :)

myfivesen said...

Wow! Jane went to Korea? When was that? How nice! :)

Any update from the trip..?

Yup, i agree, Krispy Kreme is very good! I had my first one while in Big Apple, the original glazed. I thot it was tiny thou... :p

Big Apple's donuts in the Curve (behind FF) is very good too, thou had to queue (well, at least during the opening) and one had to buy like in 6, 12,.. etc. Its not that cheap too.. oh well.

I'm not sure if the donut shop in the Pavillion is the same as the one in the Curve thou.

Dunkin Donuts is so not 'in' anymore.

Simple American said...

Those are yummy. But really unhealthy. haha

Nothing tasty is healthy right? :P

Jane said...

ellewy: yea, i was there last weekend. Americans used to like donuts but now they are very health conscious. that is why Krispy Kreme closed a lot of their branches in US.

laymank & my5sen: yea, thats like the hottest donut store rite now..

sa: u are absolutely rite! i love french fries, the devil's food!