Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!



Tricks or Treat!

Halloween is not celebrated here in Malaysia, so you will never see anyone dress up in costumes on the street or in a party. How sad and disappointing..

I used to think that halloween is when you get to see scary costumes and people will dress up like draculas, vampires, witches, dead people or anything of that sort. Can't blame me for having such a shallow mind, it was portrayed that way in the TV all the time. Blame it on the media and the entertaiment industry.

In reality, that is really not the case now. Favourite or famous characters in movies are what you see on the streets during halloween weekends - Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, Edward the Scissorhand, Yoda from Star Wars, Catwoman, Harry Potter, Robinhood, etc. I saw a couple of pictures from my fren's halloween party in Canada, some kids were dressed up as the bunnies in the movie Alice in the Wonderland. Cute.

Hope you enjoyed your day, and stay healthy. Alot of people fell sick lately, that includes me. Here are some old forwarded emails that i just received again today.

A professor was explaining marketing concepts to the Students:-

1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!" - That's Direct Marketing

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says: "He's very rich. Marry him." - That's Advertising

3. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say: "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me." - That's Telemarketing

4. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of the car) for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride and then say: By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?" - That's Public Relations

5. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says: You are very rich! Can you marry me?" - That's Brand Recognition

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face. - That's Customer Feedback

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her husband. - That's demand and supply gap

8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything; another person comes and tells her: "I'm rich. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him -That's competition eating into your market share

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say: "I'm rich, Marry me!" your wife arrives. - That's restriction for entering new markets

3 comments:

myfivesen said...

U're right, those has been recycled many times over.

Thanks for the wish and sharing the joke! It would be fun to go to a Halloween party, maybe 1 day before i grow even older. ;)

Take care, hope u will be well by the time this gets posted. Think u have another big weekend ahead.. enjoy it! :)

Simple American said...

I needed those pointers when I was in school. Now I get it. :S

My daughter dressed up as Paulette Bunyon the lumber jack. She even took her red beanie baby ox with her.

The boy at my house did not trick or treat. Though he dressed up as a priest for All Saints Day today.

Jane said...

oh, i hope i can see someone dressed up during halloween. that would be fun! :)