Sunday, October 01, 2006

Wish upon a moon

This morning, i was awaken by a call from my aunt. She told me to go to her hse to collect something for my mom. As reluctant as i could be, i got myself out of bed and grabbed along a cheque to be deposited into my mom's account. Monday is never a rest day for me.. :(

As soon as i reached her house, I was handed a big plastic bag by my aunt's maid. I opened it and volar.. it's a box of mooncakes from Eu Yan Sang.


Priced at RM38, very cute and suitable to be given as gifts.

Come to think about it, the Mid Autumn Festival or fondly known as the Mooncake Festival is just around the corner eg. this Friday 6th Oct 2006. How time flies, the year is gonna end soon!

Chocolate Walnut and Pearl of Prosperity.

When i was small, i used to be superbly excited on this particular day. Not because i can get to eat lotsa mooncakes (which i dont mind as well), but i get to play with the lanterns and candles all night long! I remembered i had lanterns with the shape of a rooster, fish, rabbit, and some of the cartoon characters. There was once i've accidentally burnt one, and i cried so bad until my bro had to give me his plus did some stupid faces to make me laugh again. Haha, those were the times... *day dreaming*

Now that i've grown up, this is the day where we take the opportunity to gather with family and frens, catching up with each others. For the past few years, all i did was get together with my families, had some simple dinners (sometimes we did steamboat) and chatted the whole night while the kids were having fun outside with their lanterns. Once in a while, me and my frens will organise a small "non-alcoholic" partay.. *hee*

So i've got a few mooncakes in the house, all for my mom. Ranging from Kam Lun Tai, Tai Thong, Overseas Union and Eu Yan Sang. I had enuff... *burp*

4 comments:

laymank said...

hmmm... it's a mixture of good and bad.

usually have fun playing the lantern with the neighbour's kids but in the end, at the end of 15th day, my parents would insist that the lantern be burned... forgot it's for wat reason liao...

it always made me feel sad watching them burned...

Jane said...

laymank: oh, do we have to do that? hmm, i will never ever let my parents burn them, unless i accidentally did that. it is so hard to get them to buy me a lantern so i will save it for the next year's usage.

sa: im sure u can figure out something. do they sell mooncakes in texas?

ellewy said...

how the chocky mooncake taste like? good? I dun really fancy mooncakes, one big chunk of sweet filling...can't eat a lot.

Jane said...

ellewy: taste like choco? :P yeah, cant eat alot..