Thursday, October 27, 2005

I'm back

I am back ONLINE!!!! *jumping and clapping happily*

For those of u who didnt know, i wasnt able to connect to my streamyx for the past 2 weeks. The ADSL light on my modem/router kept blinking non-stop for no particular reason. I went thru all the basic troubleshooting steps, before a report was created on my behalf by the technical support. Just like Jeff, i was told that i will have to wait for 24-48 hours for them to get the thing fixed. A good consumer i am, i agreed and waited with patience.

3 days past, the situation did not improve. I called up again, and to my anger, they have closed the report without making sure everything is alright. According to them, the technician checked the port and found out nothing is wrong. What the heck.

This is already the 3rd report, and finally the technician called and came over to my hse to check. Solution : changed the phone cable and the modem.


My new modem from ZTE Corporation, made in China.

At last, i dont have to stay back in the office just to get my work done. i can do it anytime in my comfort house, hehe :D

And i can upload all the photos of my Singapore trip.

Hope everything turns out the same for u Jeff.

4 comments:

Peky said...

jonie had the same problem... they closed the blardee report without even letting her know..and the problem aint resolved! but miraculously everything was okay two days later... TMNUT!

laymank said...

Envious!
My connection remain open. This is the 3rd week. I've been faithfully calling them up and follow up with the reports, which is now in 'critical' status... but no resolution so far. The last update I got was there might be some problem with the 'box', not sure what they call it... and it is not the telekom port, but rather a 'box' somewhere in one of the telekom interchange... What I can do is but Wait... Wait... and Wait...

Jane, being able to work from home is nothing to celebrate about. You are not supposed to bring work back home!!

Bad! Bad!

Jane said...

peky: oh, so this problem is a very "common" thing. no wonder they dont feel pressure or urgent in solving the issue. darn the nutties! :(

laymank: i called them and ask why no technician came over to my place for the 1st 2 report i have made.. then made a fuss over the phone. haha.. then the 3rd time, a helpdesk called and try to understand the situation, and promised to have a technician come over. u try to call them again..

Anonymous said...

well guys, this is the way they are doing thing. like square box, u kick once then move further a bit... damn... they're suck!!