Monday, June 04, 2007

A programmer's poetry..

I start my day by sitting on a chair,
Giving my monitor a hard, cold stare,
By evening I'm done with another coding,
Oh! This has become a routine so boring.

Like all, I entered this field with great hope,
Jobs were many and there was plenty of scope,
Dreams of joining the likes of Gates,
And a chance to make money in the States.

Thus, I entered the world of bytes,
Only to realize that reality bites,
'Coz a programmer's life, isn't all that cozy,
The bed of software isn't all that rosy.

Seeing the monitor all day and night,
Have taken the power off my eyesight,
Late to bed and late to rise,
Has made me wealthy but not healthy and wise.

Working holidays, busy weekends,
No time for family, no time for friends,
My job steals most of my time,
Helplessly, I watch this crime.

Just for few bits of money,
I forego those moments with my Honey,
When I should be out - having fun,
I'm telling a comp, what's to be done.

I hate u, yet i can't get away,
'Coz, I need the money you pay,
God, to thee i pray,
If there be one - show me the way.

(Author unknown)

3 comments:

Simple American said...

Author unknown.

Words realized? ;)

myfivesen said...

Yes Jane, how r u? How's life been treating u? Hope everything is ok. :)

Jane said...

haha.. NOT ME!