Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Dragon Boat Festival

How fast time flies, it is the Dragon Boat Festival again. Each year pass by in a blink of eyes, so to say. But when we are anticipating something/certain day to come, it's like an eternity. How ironic.

I didnt get to eat any Chinese rice dumplings this year, not until now. Unlike some older folks in my neighbourhood, my mom doesnt know how to make rice dumplings. She is a modern mom (a good way in justifying why she cant cook certain types of traditional food) ^_^

And im just like her - i would like to believe that it is a good thing.

Usually, my mom would just go and buy some from the morning market. Just to celebrate the occasion. Or her colleagues would give her some of their home made dumplings. But not this year, since my mom is not working anymore. Also, i am not so into "fat meat" (so is she, after i brainwashed her about how bad that is for her health at her age), i told her not to bother buying any.

No special celebration. No special food.


The cast members.

By the way, i watched the whole Season 1 of Grey's Anatomy during the weekends. It was awesome! It was just 9 episodes anyways, so no big deal. I am now so looking forward to Season 2 and 3. Jeff, i am waiting!! :)

3 comments:

Simple American said...

Eating healthy is good, but if you start young it helps when you are older. I stopped eating a lot of stuff I liked. Don't miss rice, but dumplings are hard to pass by.

Never have watched Grey's Anatomy. So you like it hor?

myfivesen said...

Almost caught me there with the title, Dragon Boat Festival? Realli?

Anyway, happi ba-chang day yesterday! :) My mum is learning this yr, so get to taste some. :)

I heard very good review abt Grey's Anatomy too (very not up to date nowadays).. but always missed it over the local channels.

Jane not hv broadband at home yet? Enjoy yr weekends all the same though :)

Jane said...

ya, it is indeed hard when u have to avoid eating the food u like. i dont know what will i do if i am not allowed to eat frenh fries....