Monday, April 02, 2007

Qing Ming Festival

It was April Fool's Day, a day where people made fun of each other (that is the fun of it!) but also a day that is memorable in a way.

1st of April this year marks the 4th anniversary of the death of the popular and respectable HK singer, Leslie Cheung. He leapt from the 24th floor of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, located in the Central district of Hong Kong Island. Things has been rough and tough for him. So, commit suicide was what he chose, not a very wise decision of course.

And at the same time, 1st of April also marks the 4th anniversary of my service in my current company. How ironic huh? I still remember the moment when my fren sent me a text message telling me about the death of the Hong Kong's King of Pop, i thought she was joking cos it was as a matter of fact April Fool's Day! I didnt believe her cos she has been making fun of my 1st day of work (kidding about how my employment was a joke in the first place) for the whole morning. Shocking as u could imagine when i got to know about the truth from the radio news that night.

With all the memorials that so coincidently fell on the same day, we have got the Qing Ming Festival this year too. It is supposed to be on April 5th every year (except for leap year, April 4th) but no one will be free on a weekday. Therefore, most of the people will do it during the weekends, including us.


My grandparent's grave.

My family and I woke up at 4:15am so that we can reach the cemetery before 6am. U will not want to be stuck in the traffic cos it would be really really bad. Just unbelievable. There was once when we were late a lil and the traffic was so long that we were forced to get out of the car and walked to the grave instead. Seriously that nasty.

After that, we went to the Nirvana Memorial Park in Semenyih to pay respect to my dad. Surprisingly, it rained this year. For the past 9 years, it has been very hot and sunny. It is hard to forecast the weather now, we never had so much rain in this time of the year.

Just weird. Happy "belated" April Fool, btw.

4 comments:

myfivesen said...

Wow, 4 yrs dy huh.. look how far u've gone. Congrats! :)

And so many events happening on such a day too.. happi "belated" April fools day 2 u too. Take care.

Jane said...

oh, cant plant flowers? flowers in the vase will still do it :)

laymank said...

People will pick up and sell them or not if put into a vase?

Jane said...

laymank: err.. will they do that..? :S