Sunday, August 03, 2008

Weekend activities

Since the starting of this summer, one of my "routine" weekend activities is going for a movie. And as i said before, Tempe Marketplace is my favourite hanging out spot for the past few months. Not only it is close to our apartment, it has a good selection of restaurants that we like AND Harkins Theaters at reach.

I have a colleague who always ask me how was my weekend. And i always give the same answer, "Good! I went for a movie". Now, he calls me a movie queen... -___-"

Well, i know it sounded somewhat boring, but there is really nothing much to do here. Any suggestions?

Neways, after watching Mamma Mia! in Cinemark @Mesa, we explored the new shopping plaza a lil bit before going for dinner @ Famous Dave's.



Famous Dave's is a chain of southern-style barbecue restaurants serving pork ribs, chicken, and beef brisket. We came to know about it in one of the movie previews - i guess the commercial works :)


Cute sign on top of the wash basin!


Some other funny signs to light up your day.


St. Louis Rib-N-Meat BBQ Combo.


Sweetwater Catfish.

It was pretty crowded when we got there and we have to wait for about 30 mins before we were seated and another 30 mis before we get our food. No wonder it is advertised as PHX's No. 1 BBQ restaurant...

For ribs, i still prefer Bandera tho. Theirs were just amazing!

No comments: