Thursday, December 13, 2007

I will miss u, YD!



When my manager broke out the news about YD leaving the company, i was really sad. Altho I have somehow expected this to happen, but i didnt know it will come so soon (even before the year end bonus is announced!). I am sure it was a very hard decision for him since he has worked here for 17 years. There are so many memories..

YD is a very good boss, IMHO. He takes care of all his "children" very well. I could still remember the long "battle" between him and my ex-boss in Seremban when i asked for a transfer to the KL office. But he never gave up on the slighest possibility. I owe him for that, and thank him for bringing me over to RSDC.

So yesterday, we gathered everyone into our conference room for a small award giving ceremony. Ted has taken the initiative to get a nice pewter platter (Batik) from Royal Selangor. It is very expensive... but nice.


YD and our Asia-Pac IT Manager, Ted Braun.


In appreciation of your distinguished career with ON.


Nice closeup shot.

The office people are going to have a farewell dinner for YD on 2nd Jan at Summer Palace Restaurant, Damansara Utama. I wont be around, so i bought him a gift myself. Hopefully he will like it.

YD, u will always be in our heart!

3 comments:

ellewy said...

Although I have not met him, I have the impression that he's a great boss. Maybe he's leaving for a much "greener" pasture he can't resist. hope your next boss is as cool.

myfivesen said...

Sigh.. was majorly shocked too when I got to know this.. never did expect the KL Boss would also leave.

Never realized how much trouble it was to xfer from Sbn to here. Our blessings then that you're here in KL office.

All the best to him and Thank you Jane and YD.

myfivesen said...

And oh, where will Jane be? On holiday/work somewhere else? Take care and keep on sharing! Thanks again in advance. :)