Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Congrats Mei Yee and Samuel!

For the past 2 years, I have been receiving a lot of wedding invitations from my relatives, colleagues and friends. Is it a sign that i am getting old? That this is the time that i should really get married and build my own little family? Once, my cousin sister told me that the ideal age for a girl to get married is between 25-28. She gave me a bunch of reasons to support herself, and i actually agreed with her too. Not that i am eager to get married, but when u are 21, having your own family at age 27 for example, seems to be fair enuff.

I thought ..
i would have achieved a lot by then,
i would have dated a lot by then,
i would have earned a lot by then,
i would be quite old by then...

But that is all simply naive and innocent. Now alot of people started to consider about marriage at a later age because there are other more important stuff to stress about - how to survive in a fast pace life in KL. -__-

Anyways, the main goal for my post today is to congratulate my uni friend, Mei Yee for her happy marriage to Samuel (oh boy, i didnt know i am so good at diverting my topics). I have known both of them for 6 years now, and they are still the cutest couple like they were back then.



Attending her wedding dinner was something that i have been looking forward to so much. I met a lot of my uni frens, some of whom i havent met since i've graduated. Gosh, i cant believe how some of them have changed - becoming someone's husband/wife and even daddy/mommy.

I am so glad that we made it to the dinner. I missed u guys a lot!

p/s: i am going to be a godmother soon. oh geez, i am so happy.. come here baby!

7 comments:

Simple American said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds.

Congratulations to you and the parents of your godchild too.

Don't sweat the age thing. Marriage and relationships happen when they happen. Have fun until then. :)

Peky said...

wow..can barely remember how everyone looks...but it's good to see the pics :)i'm struggling to rememebr the name of the guy next to u..any clue? i remember a "Lee"...but i can't remember anything else..

Jane said...

sa: yea, i agree witrh u about having fun!

peky: his name is Lee Leong Shian. :)

myfivesen said...

1st, congrats to yr frens, Mei Yee and Samuel! And to you too, naik pangkat liao! :)

U're not old Jane, just perfect. :)

I had thot too later marriage is 'norm' but now I feel earlier (but not too young) is so much the better choice. Weddings make me feel vulnerable.. I pray everyday I get positive feedback from her but what can I do.

Hope u will find (or already hv) that special someone too. :)

Anonymous said...

O yea, Jane looks fabulous! :D

Peky said...

i have to agree too..marriage and kids never seemed so attractive until u find the right person..and that's when u just wish and long that everyday and every moment is spent together! :D hehe... looking forward to that day..

Jane said...

peky: u will find him, im sure. And he might be in front of u now..

invite me for the wedding!