Friday, February 29, 2008

Surprise


It was at noon and i was about to go for lunch. My cellphone rang and i looked at it, an unknown number was displayed. I picked it up and i heard a man's voice asking me, "Is this Jane speaking?". "I am calling from a florist, may i know where is your office located?"

My mind was blank for a while, surprised because i was not expecting this. I gave him the directions and went for lunch, but was looking forward to the arrival of the "surprise" which was unintentionally exposed.

The awaited "surprise" came shortly after lunch. My colleagues were laughing at me and asked who was it from, knowingly there is no one else besides him. It came with a card and all it was written in the card was my name and a web address. As i was typing the URL to access the site, the smell of freshness filled up my lungs. I havent been feeling so close to the greeneries for a long time, right by my side on my desk.

There in the website, laid another bigger surprise. Words that he hoped to keep me strong when we are apart, 10000 miles away. And it did...

No, it was not my birthday nor our anniversary day. Coincidently it arrived on the 29th of Feb, a day which only exists in every 4 years. But that wasnt the intention. And it surely wasnt a proposal, so stop speculating :)

Thank you for doing this. I know it aint easy to arrange them with all the logistic difficulties. And i really do appreciate it very much. No words can express how thankful and happy i am.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

3 comments:

Simple American said...

Thats too cute. And what a nice thought for any day.

Are you in Arizona again? Or vice versa. Never mind.

Thanks for the birthday greeting. :)

Jane said...

sa: im still in KL of cos... and u are welcome!

Jade said...

Is so sweet of him... you must miss him alot. :)